Tuesday, January 24, 2012

5150

Well, I gotta say, I'm a little surprised this didn't happen sooner.  The tide has turned with Frenchman.  I thought all was well.  We had an amiable exchange about the blog, he commented on a few with which he agreed, and the night ended happily.

A few days go by, and I haven't heard from Frenchman.  That's fine.  I'm busy.  He's busy.  Neither of us made mention of communicating again.

And then Sunday night happened.

I need to give you the Reader's Digest version on this one because it's laborious, and he's reading.  (Bonjour, monsieur.)

He's mad.  Full on pissed.  He matched up dates of our text exchanges with blogs (WHY??), and now he's all bent out of shape.  I tried to explain that he and I are not in a relationship and were just communicating; therefore, both of us are able to do whatever with whomever (I didn't use these words, but...), and there is no reason to be upset.

Well, that didn't go over too well, and it's all downhill from there.  Apparently, I'm an awful woman.  He even went so far as to say that he can't find a woman spirit in me at all.  I'm not exactly sure what that means, but the word "cold-hearted" comes to mind.

I mean, it goes on forever.  Text, after text, after text about how awful I am.  I'm culturally insensitive for nicknaming people for their nationality, and then he blames it on the fact that I'm from Texas.  (He made a couple of derogatory statements about my being from Texas.  I will not do that to you France!  I love you too much.)

I'm going to have to defend myself on this one.  I am no xenophobe.  I adore people from other countries. Also 1) I named my Israeli friend Kibbutz because he lived on a freaking Kibbutz 2) I didn't name the Lebanese Parisian, Lebanese Parisian.  I called him by his given name.  Sammy 3) I named an American Le Lysee.  That's right.  Described an American with a French word.

I believe we should all be proud of where we're from.  I love my country, and if you want to call me The American, then go ahead.  I'll hold my head up high and sing the National Anthem AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!  And you should too, everyone from other places.  We all should.

I eventually had to go to sleep and woke up the next morning to 20 verbally abusive texts.  Is this frightening?  A bit.  But this is why it's good to have cops and lawyers as friends.  Harassment is against the law.  Thank God.

When a girl gets all crazy on a guy, it can be a bit entertaining.  I'm convinced some men even dig that behavior.  It boggles my mind, but it's true.  When men do it, it's Lifetime movie-esque.  Don't bully girls!

I don't want to put any more energy into this than I already have.  Communication is over and it's time to move on.  I want to spend the rest of the time on this blog with someone who understands and accepts me more, so let's finish it out with UFB.

No comments:

Post a Comment