Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dates 29 & 30 (I cannot believe it.)

First I'd like to address something that has been brought to my attention.  Kibbutz and Ash said that they thought it was unfair to use UFB as dates.  Do you know what I say to that?  (This is when I wish I could flatulate on cue like my college boyfriend used to do when he didn't agree with me on something.)  Yeah, maybe it's not as exciting and titillating than meeting a stranger on the Internet, but this is going down and that's the way it goes.  This is MY blog and only I make the rules here.  UFB counts.  And personally, I could not have asked for a better way to end this blog.  This will be discussed in my conclusion blog.  (So Regulars, at least one more blog we get to share together!)

Date 29
It's Friday night and I'm ready to trip the night FANTASTIC!  I put on my slinky black dress, head to UFB's, and pop open a bottle of white wine.  Let's DO this.

Then the damn conversation about where we're going to eat.  Why is this conversation so difficult?  People are starving, For Christ Sake, on the streets of our very own country.  We go back and forth about it anyway.

He wants a burger but if we (I) want to feel fabulous for the evening's revelries, it's going to have to be a bit lighter than that.  Compromise made.  Moving on.

The rest of the night was like a dance.  We sat at the bar (my favorite) and had a great meal.  A friend of UFB stopped to say hello.  He was ridiculously good-looking.  I wondered what it must feel like to have both men and women think that you're ridiculously good-looking.  We met 2 girls from Los Feliz that are in the toy industry (random).  I exchanged phone numbers with one, and we have decided to be friends.  We changed locations and met another friend.  We went home.

Who can ask for anything more?

Date 30
It's the next day, and I swear to God I could have chewed my arm off, I was so hungry.  I know what to do.  Today is a day date to get that BURGER.  I pitch the idea to UFB, and he agrees.  It's 10am and surly the place will open at 11am.  Try again.  Not until noon.  NOON.  I'm dying.  My stomach is growling, I feel faint, I need to consume calories.

But guess what, ladies and gentlemen.  I toughed it out.  Took it like a man.  Cowboyed up.  Oh, we had that burger.  We ate it like savaged beasts.  There was little talk involved, as well.  We'd just occasionally look up at each other and nod.

And that's 30 freaking dates.  Concluding statements, future predictions, and closing thoughts to follow.

1 comment: