Thursday, December 15, 2011

Date 21

For the first time in a long time, I was actually excited to go on a date.  According to his profile, Teacher was attractive and intelligent.  According to our conversation on the phone, he was somewhat normal.  I tried on 7 different outfits before I walked out the door.  This is not normal for me.

Teacher was kind enough to come to my side of town.  He said the traffic was horrendous, so I arrived at the agreed location before he did.  When he walked in, I was surprised by his height.  Very tall.  He was, indeed, very attractive with salt and pepper hair.  Adorable.

Teacher and I chatted about the pros and cons of teaching at a private school, camping (bleck), cooking (eh), our favorite restaurants (he hates all of mine), and how he thinks Harry Potter is the lowest form of literature.  I decided this would not be a good time to mention my Us Weekly habit.

It was obvious that Teacher and I would not be picking out China patterns together, but I had a nice time with him.  He's extremely bright, and I enjoyed listening to him banter about things from his high brow perspective.  There was never a lull in conversation, and I caught him checking out my legs, which is always fun.

But the most interesting part of the date was when I realized that if my sister was single and lived in LA, this man would be for her.  I was on a date with my sister's west coast boyfriend, and it was weird.

Not that it matters, but I had 2 Pinot Grigios, and Teacher had 14 glasses of water.  I paid for my indulgences when he went to the bathroom.  I'm pretty sure he appreciated it.  So there's that.

Here we are again.  No perspective suitors.  Wait, I take that back.  A few people do want to set me up, but set-up dates take forever to execute.  I fear we've hit the holiday slow down.




No comments:

Post a Comment