Friday, September 16, 2011

Ahem

Hi you guys.  I know.  I've been absent.  For quite some time, to be honest.  But I assure you, this is the only thing in my life that is stagnant.

Work is INSANE.  As you can imagine, the beginning of the year is a teacher's prolonged night terror.  Getting up early and having to put on make-up is THE WORST.  And don't give me that, "Then don't wear make-up" retort because I am a Texan woman, and that isn't even an option.

So here's what's up.  My friend, Shannon, is coming to town from Houston and we're going to the UT vs. UCLA game.  Old school style.  I'm talking party bus up to Pasadena, alcohol and toilet in the vehicle, people making out in the back...  Shannon set the whole thing up, OBVS.

It is Shannon's goal to find me a date this weekend, so she can make the blog.  Yes, I'm a pretty bad ass friend, because I just put her in the blog, so she doesn't have to dance for her meal.  But I know me some Shannon, and I'm guessing she'll try anyway.

I am going to delete my profile from my current dating website.  I need something new.  Something different.  I think I'm about to go all demographic on you guys.

If you're a regular, you know I have an affinity for foreign men.  It's a rather new fixation, so what if I could start diggin' on some other "type"?  Broaden my horizons, ya know?  So, without further adieu, I will join a Christian dating site and see what it's like to go on a date with a Christian man.  (Thank you for the idea, Jane.)  I am not Christian.  Nor am I affiliated with any organized religious organization.  I mean, sure, I went through that  Kabbalah phase, but I was young, sad, and searching for answers.

Now, I don't want to get into a war with any of Jesus' soldiers, so relax.  I'll be honest with my beliefs to my suitor.  I just want to see what the date would be like.  Will he pull out my chair?  Stand when I leave the table?  Will he go in for a kiss, or do we pray at the end?  Or at the beginning, for that matter?

And then maybe I'll date a Buddhist, or a Satanist.  Oooooo, a Wiccan!  I for sure need to go on a date with one of those dudes.

This will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment