Friday, September 9, 2011

Modern Day Mishaps

I have good news and I have bad news.  The bad news is that Heathrow and I have to postpone our date tonight.  We're going to grab early evening drinks tomorrow, and then I have to run to previous plans.  It's actually quite nice to have an exit strategy.  I know me, and if he speaks Cockney, I'll only understand a 1/3 of what he's saying.

The good news is, I get to  go out with my girlfriends to a local pub down the street.  NO DRIVING NOR CABS NEEDED.

Heathrow had some work thing he needed to attend and wanted to push drinks to 9:15.  Nope.  By then I've either already started the evening, or I've washed and moisturized my face.  This sudden change of plans made me start thinking.

It's difficult to get together unless 2 or more people REALLY commit to one another. There's so much going on in our lives, both business and social.  This is why it's taking me so damn long to hit 30 dates.

I bet dates were rarely rescheduled in the 1800s.  Besides trying to live through harsh winters and looking for gold, what else was there to do?  I wonder how long it would take me to get through this blog if I lived back then.  I mean, if I could get past date 3 without being stoned to death by the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment