Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Open your Golden Gate

Today, B and I are off to beautiful San Francisco with a short jaunt to Napa.  We have promised each other a relaxing Thanksgiving filled with rest, shopping, and starving ourselves.  I'm not sure how long the starving part will last, as B and I can get quite gluttonous together.  I just need to remember that I want to look underfed for my Christmas party in a couple of weeks.

The good news is, I should lose a couple of lbs. on the plane.  I have a cruel fear of flying.  I've been able to rodeo it in as of late, but I still get the fear of God in me when we hit turbulence.  Like spill my champagne and B's champagne all over him scared.

So listen up.  The truth is the truth, and the truth is this:  a)  It's a holiday weekend.  People are dispersed.  b)  Dudes in SF don't look at me sideways because either 1) they're gay or 2) I don't fit the demographic.  What I'm trying to say here is, I don't think there will be dating action on this vacay.

In Paris, I was the bee's knees.  Men were on me like stink on animal skat.  I am invisible in SF.  I'm just not their type of lady.  I don't wear button ups with pearls.  I don't frequent J. Crew (yet some pieces are quite nice).  I don't own that much fleece.  If I could get away with exposing my whole back on a day-to-day basis, I would.  Different styles.

BUT, I'm excited to go to that quirky little town in central California.  (It's not as up north as one might think.)  I'm also excited to have B time because I love him and I miss him.  Too bad my gay dates can't count.  We would have had this thing wound up in 15 days flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment