Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And Then There Where None

Tall broke up with me last night, and I can't say that I blame him. He asked me to come to his place of employment so he could serve me a drink, and I just didn't have it in me. So, in a very sweet way, Tall told me to go fly a kite.

Recovering from Vegas takes me a few days, and I'm leaving the country on Thursday. I don't have time for late nights and headaches right now. Plus, since I'll be living in a bathing suit for the next week, consumption is on hiatus. I know what you're thinking. "But Reluctant Dater, if you really liked him, you would sacrifice such things." Perhaps earlier in life I would have, but I've grown selfish in my old age.

I am back down to zero suitors, which feels good right before a big trip. The iPad will be joining me on my Magellan-like travels, so sporadic posts should happen. I feel the rules of the blog will change a bit, as I can't picture a native asking me out on a formal date. I foresee a handsome gentleman (or 2, or 3...) buying me a drink and having a lovely conversation. In Mexico and Europe, that will be considered a date. If this is a successful trip, perhaps we can get to the teens before my homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment