Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Still Day 1 in Germany? I Think.

It's the middle of the night in Munich, and I cannot sleep. What I really want to do is eat breakfast and start my day, but since it's not day, that is impossible. Last night was not as eventful as I had hoped. When the rest of my travel party arrived, we headed to a main square for eats, drinks, and people watching. We braved the subway and hoped for some serious German action. And then jet lag set in. It was over, and we had to come home to be fresh for tomorrow. But alas, I fear I will not be fresh, as I'm up at 3am, blogging.

Things you should know about the German people:
1) They are not ugly.
2) Every one of them speaks English and quite well.
3) In time of need, they are very helpful to Americans.
4) They are not afraid of public displays of affection.
5) They can link 16 letters together (in an order that would never cross an English speaker's mind), and it's a word.

I did not snag me one of these men last night, and quite frankly, the timing was all off. Concentrating on not standing in the bike lane, eating sausages and sauerkraut, and being jealous of all of the PDA has preoccupied me. If I can get to sleep at all tonight, I will try harder tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment