Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mass Consumption vs. Sleep Deprivation

Ugh. I haven't believed in the devil since I was a child, but now I'm beginning to rethink his existence. His name is not Lucifer, or Beelzebub, nor even Antichrist. It's Jet Lag. And I condemn him to HELL.

Forcing myself to stay up until 9 pm was an awesome treat, and then it was topped off with a poisoned cherry called "Let's go ahead and make you wide awake at 3 am." And one always knows what one does when one is up at such an hour. Stew.

This is not a blog about how much I need to do to prepare for the first day of school, so won't talk about that. It's also not about wanting to start a new project, but must wait until Mercury is no longer in retrograde, so nothing about that. It's about dating a bunch of men I would not normally date because I'd rather hang out with my friends. Let's begin.

I'm sick of the ups and downs of this blog and how long it's taking. My need for instant gratification has hit a pinnacle. I want to be done already. I want to write the conclusion. The epilogue, for Christ's sake.

So this is what I need to do: Set goals. And goal #1 is to get to the halfway mark by the end of next week. That means 3 dates, with only one planned for now. The side effect for this neurosis is that I must swim in unchartered waters just to GET ON WITH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment