Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Date 4

If you do not have health insurance, or cannot afford therapy, may I suggest Internet dating? You will find out a lot about yourself. For example, today I realized that I can be a judgmental a-hole.

I full on HATED Movieman72 before I met him face-to-face. The incident last night set me off (see And He's Back), and to top it off, he was 20 minutes late for today's date. He warned me he'd be a little late, but my patience was wearing thin.

As soon as I saw his puppy dog eyes, I felt like a mean girl. He gave me a huge hug and said, "Im so sooory." Yup. Canadian. The nicest people on the planet. Maybe not the most punctual, but damn nice.

We had a cold beverage and discussed Hollywood. He was pleasant and smelled of Tide, my favorite detergent. Did I want to rip his clothes off? No. But that kid is going places, and he paid for my tea. After an hour (my time limit, apparently) we said our good-byes and went our separate ways.

I have about 2 hours of downtime before I go on my second date with Logger. Do you want to know a secret? Although I find Logger to be lovely, all I really want to do is meet my girlfriends at the local pub. I'm sick of smiling and nodding and being charming as hell. Would y'all really be THAT upset if we just call this 5 dates 30 blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment