Sunday, July 24, 2011

Male Advice

Yesterday, I spent the majority of the daylight hours with one of my male friends. He has a distinct name and is very private, so we'll call him Ernie.

Ernie had a word or two for me regarding Dasher. Ernie thinks I'm being too hard on Dasher and just because he begins most of his messages/texts with "Soooooooo...." doesn't mean he's being passive-aggressive. (I disagree.)

When I was with Ernie, Dasher texted with:

Text 1: Sooooo... (I'm not kidding. That was it.)
2 minutes later
Text 2: any free time this wknd?

I told Dasher that I might have a free moment tomorrow, but I wouldn't know until tomorrow. This is when Ernie called me a B (it rhymes with kitsch). He made me feel awful because he thinks I'm leading Dasher on, and I should be more definitive with my answers.

Well, I tried to do that today, ladies and gentlemen, and it didn't work. The back and forth is not the point, but what you do need to know is that I do not enjoy communicating with Dasher. I don't find him to be witty, charming, and quite frankly, I find his responses to be a bit adolescent. There I said it.

So unless there is an act of God, I'm pretty sure Dasher and I will never meet.

3 comments:

  1. So why don't you stop beating around the bush (You southerner, you!) and let him know he's wasting his time?

    Just say,"I'm sorry, but I don't think it's going to work out."

    Then you can both get on with your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This conclusion was just realized yesterday, relationship police. Don't you worry your pretty little head. Things will be taken care of. Everyone will walk away intact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I will sleep better knowing this.

    ReplyDelete